Dec 20, 2014
Xue Mei Rhodin give you some advice on having a real holiday as an entrepreneur, and effective goal setting strategy for you and your company.
Here's what she says:
You don’t have to be available 24/7
That breeds a reactive lifestyle that will wear on your mind and productivity. You need to give your self breaks so that you can reflect and get back into your work later with greater clarity and perspective.
You need your holiday.
1. Set a holiday deadline, When it starts and ends. (tell everyone) add into emails - your availability.
2. Go through emails and schedule them to go out later so people get them when the holidays are over and they can confirm appointments for soon after you return to work. Have people resond before a certain date so you can have your schedule confirmed in advanced.
3. Use rescue time. It measures what you do on your computer. You decide what is work, and what is distracting, Facbook, Instagram. You can limit your work. You decide how many hours of productivity is enough. Great for when you need to step away for a time.
Set simple, focused goals
1.Keep it to 3 goals. You should know it by heart. Too many and they don’t stick.
2. Plan in quarters. Goals have 3 month deadline. Easier to stay on top the goal and meet it. 12 months is too long.
3. Notes you, for a team, or a company need to be visible everyday, not hidden away in Evernote or your planner.